Carolyn Patterson,Board Certified Educational Therapist (BCET), MA
Educational Therapist Carolyn Patterson assists students with learning differences improve their academic achievement.
In individualized, one-on-one sessions, Mrs. Patterson will work with your child, family, and teachers to develop effective learning and classroom strategies, working with students with:
- Learning disabilities
- Organizational challenges
- Other special education needs
Mrs. Patterson helps students identify their unique learning profile, strengths, and weaknesses and develops the strategies that work best for your child.
Additional services include time management workshops and consulting with teachers and school administrators to facilitate effective learning.
While such designations as “ADHD” or “learning disability” may be useful (and necessary) to qualify for services, Mrs. Patterson avoids the often negative connocations of such labels.
Children who are behind in school can feel overwhelmed, ashamed, fearful — strong emotions that can lead to lack of motivation or poor performance.
You may want to know:
- How can my child be more successful at school?
- Is there something wrong with my child?
- Why is my child behind in reading, or writing, or math?
- How can I work productively with my kid’s teachers?
- What is ADHD and does my child have it?
- What is autism?
- Could my child have Asperger’s Syndrome?
- Should my kid be in Special Ed or in a regular classroom?
Mrs. Patterson has an MA in Special Education, is a Board Certified Educational Therapist, and has years of classroom experience. Qualifications